Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mami we awake!

My babies keep surprising me everyday. They just get cuter and cuter by the minute. The other day my little girls woke up, and as usual I waited a few minutes before coming to get them from their bedroom. I like to listen to them talking to each other and being able to stay in bed for a little longer. I think I must have taken longer than usual because finally Naomi got tired of waiting that she shouted- "Mami, we awake!" Aaron was still in bed with me and we both just cracked up laughing. Oh my silly little baby! So I get up with a smile already on my face, go in their room and ask Naomi to go potty, like usual-

Mami: Naomi, let's go pee-pee.
Naomi: Mami, dady allready take me.
Mami: Oh really? When?
Naomi: mmm...at seven.

Again, I just had to laugh.

She doesn't know how to tell time yet, but I guess I should take that as a good sign that she might be ready.

Every stage they have gone through has been so fun and cute I wish it never ends, but then it does and I find myself enjoying a new one even more than the last one. I'm reading "Mommy teach me!" A book whose author is a Montessori teacher and on one of the chapters, she talks about helping our kids become independent because after all "Parenting is a job we should be working ourselves out of each day" The thought of it made me tear up a little bit, but I guess she's right. Still, I wish it would never end.

Contributors