Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Fair

We went to the State Fair this weekend with our good friends Los Collins. We have been friends with Los Collins for about 4 years now. We met in our previous English speaking ward. They were just married and so were we. Julieta from Mexico, and Skyler from here. That's the first thing we have in common. Then a few months later, Aaron and I found out we were pregnant. A few weeks after that the Collins were pregnant too, and so this became another thing we had in common and one that would, more likely, make our friendship with Los Collins a life long one. Our kids are growing up together and we have already made plans for them to get married, he-he! We joke about it all the time. They are just so cute together! and I think Naomi is really in love with Skyler. She imagines to talk on the phone with him all the time and gets so excited when she knows she is going to see him. The other day she told me- "Skyler is my best friend mami. " I don't even know were she got the whole best friend deal from, I didn't teach it to her, but it was sweet to hear her say something like that. Skyler is little by little coming around to it too, I think. A few months ago he would get so upset when Naomi tried to hug an kiss him, (she does that on her own, no need of encouragement from the grown ups) but now he doesn't seem to mind.

Back to our evening at the State Fair. This year was so much funner than last. For starters Jocie was only a couple of months old last year when we went to the fair. Yeah, I do not know what we were thinking! I had to go hide behind some tents in order to nurse her. That alone made our trip not so much fun. This year, was much different. Naomi and Jocie both had a better idea of what was going on and were both really excited to be there and to have seen such sights- the bengal tigers , the cows, sheep, pigs, the lights- all the interesting smells and sounds- the rock band, people screaming- and to have taste that delicious funnel cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Yummie! This was a first for the three of us, as I had never tasted funnel cake before.

Of course the grown ups were only there to watch over the kiddos and cater to their every need and desire. No we didn't get to go on any of the rides and were not as excited to see and smell the pigs and cows but I have to say it was funner (and I think I speak for all of us that were there) for us to see them giggle, and laugh and jump and dance around. I wonder if it gets funner with more kids to take? We'll have to find out.






Contributors