Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

We started the day going for a run. It looked kind of iffy outside, but still I didn't take the rain shield. Were only about a mile out into our run when the strom broke down. Yes! It hailed on us. You'd think I learned my lesson since this was not the first time I do this, but NO! I was so mad at myself for doing this to my poor babies, AGAIN! GEEZ! I promise this will not happen to me again. The girls are such good troopers though, they never complain. We were able to take shelter at the doggie day care we always pass by, and waited there until the storm passed. Then I ran home really hard, in case it would come back. Aaron had stayed behind so I didn't know where he was, then found out he didn't see us go in so he kept running, hail and everything. We were only a couple of blocks from home when we saw him drive around the corner. I was relieved to see him. He had woken up the night before with pressure in his chest and difficulty breathing because of his asthma and allergies, it had been really windy on Sunday while we were outside and I guess the dirt and stuff got his allergies acting up. So I was worried that after being running maybe his asthma had come back, but then he reminded me that he does not have that kind of asthma and he only gets it as a result of his allergies. Anyway, we both got a good work out, better than we were planning on for sure.

We spent the rest of the morning sitting on the couch under a warm blanket with Naomi, watching Disney movies, while Jocie took a nap. It was a perfect day to stay in and snuggle.

Didn't do much the rest of the afternoon. We went out for lunch and then came home, watched a movie while the girls took a nap then spent the rest of the evening with Jocie chasing Tank around the house and Naomi and Aaron at the table playing with play-dough while I amuse them with my choped up piano pieces of Primary Songs.

I love days like this where we don't have to rush around trying to get anywhere or having to meet with anyone. Aaron does not have to leave all day long for work and school. I don't have to worry about cleaning or having dinner on the table. The girls don't have to go ignored while I cook or clean and both can have either one of her parents attention at any given time. Ahhhhhh...It was such a nice day. We didn't plan it out this way but that's how it turned out and it was perfect.

Contributors