Friday, September 19, 2008

Little miracles happen every day.

Last night as I was putting Naomi to bed I realized Osito was missing. Naomi asked for him as usual and as usual I went on a hunt for him. I usually don't need to look for very long before finding him, but last night was different. I searched the house upstairs and downstairs, the back yard, the car,even in the bathtub, everywhere, over and over again! But Osito was no where to be found. For some reason I had this picture in my mind of Naomi with Osito in the stroller. I looked there, but no luck, which could only mean that if she did have him with her while we were on our run that morning, that meant he had fallen over, I didn't see it and he was now lost. She has lost a few items this way. I always realize as soon as we get home, turn around and whatever we left behind is gone, no where to be found. The whole day had passed, so there would be no chance that we would find him. I went in the room and asked her. Did you take Osito in the stroller with you this morning? and she said, "Yes". My heart just about broke! I had to tell her "Osito is missing, mami can't find him and I think he is lost and we will never see him again" I know, I do not know what I was thinking breaking the news to her like that. I think sometimes I just expect her to understand a lot of things as if she was older. She of course started crying, calling for Osito. All I could think of was praying. I told Naomi "If we pray Heavenly Father will help us find him" and we prayed. I helped her to pray (that means she repeated after me). "Heavenly Father please help us find Osito" as simple as that. Then I told her to wait in bed and mami would go look for him one more time. I went out to the living room, stood in the middle of it, and then turned behind me to one of the corners and....THERE IT WAS! sitting on Jocie's chair, looking right back at me. I sighted with relief and just couldn't help myself but smile. I was SO happy! I grabbed him, put him under my shirt and walked back into the room and surprised Naomi with it. She laughed and yelled out "Osito!" Then gave it a big hug and snuggle against it. Now she could sleep. I told her Heavenly Father had heard her and answered her prayer and that now she needed to thank him. I helped say another prayer "Heavenly Father, thank you for helping us find Osito" as simple as that. I know He once again heard her prayer.

Contributors