Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Precious memories I thought I'd lost





I have not posted much on the girls and there's a reason for that. Our memory card broke or something. A couple of weeks ago I took it out of the camera to download all the cute pictures and videos I had of them and the computer wouldn't read it! They were nowhere to be found! I looked and looked, pulled it out and then back in, but nothing! I just wanted to scream and pull my hair out! I had seen this happen to my sister just a few weeks earlier with lots of pictures from her mission now lost and I couldn't believe this was now happening to me. Argh! All those sweet memories! Can you tell how upset I still am!?

That is one of the sad reasons I have not posted anything on my sweet baby girls with cute pictures to accompany the entries. I went looking for an extra memory card we had somewhere and found these pictures of Naomi when she was about 18 months and me pregnant with Jocie. It was scary when I first looked at them and saw how puffy and chunky I was, I thought; "Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like that?" Then I figured I was pregnant at the moment and sighted with relief.

The good news is that I was telling my neighbor about what happened to my card and she told me that these cards usually come with a warranty that includes the recovery of pictures when they go bad and that they'll even replace your card. I was just so happy to hear that recovering my pictures could be even possible, forget getting my card replaced. Aaahhh..... :) Now I just need to figuer out where to call to get my pictures back.

What has this lesson thought me? That I need to download my pictures into the computer more often and even back them up and start printing my favorite ones, which will probably account to hundreds. Better start soon!

Contributors