Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Naomi's 3rd b-day

My entry about Naomi's b-day has been long over due, so here it goes before another month passes by.

This year she actually knew what was going on, and anticipated her b-day party for months. She even asked for a piñata and was most excited about that. We almost ended up not having a party, but changed my mind just the day before, and even though it was very last minute, like almost everything that I do, it turned out pretty good. I was battling with the idea that now that she is older I do not know if I want to teach her to expect a big party every year, or if I want to keep it more simple and to ourselves, but at the end this was what I decided. Plus the day was gorgeous and we just had to take advantage of that too.

We started the day with a birthday breakfast- whole wheat pancakes topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, and scrambled eggs with ham. I decorated that little foam crown the night before, I'm gonna try to keep it and have the girls wear it every year for their b-day. I think that as they get older it will stay put for longer than a couple of minutes at the time. I took Naomi to the store with me that morning wearing her birthday girl crown, she got a couple "happy b-days" from complete strangers, she would say "thank you" in her sweet little 3 year old voice and then would go on to tell them she was 5, or 7, or 4, but never 3. Oh well, there's always next year.



Contributors