Friday, November 7, 2008

The wolf getting ready to go on a run

Today was a really good day, the girls and I found some good ways to keep us from not going out of our minds trapped here in the house, with it being cold outside. We played with bubbles, danced, sang, made a little house out of blankets and chairs, built block towers, they shared their snacks with the baby dolls, had a tea party under the little house that we built, played hide and seek and "jugaremos en el bosque mientras el lobo no esta- we will play in the forest while the wolf is gone" This last one is Naomi's favorite game. We sing this little song and then we ask the wolf what he is doing. The wolf in response says that he's waking up, then we sing again and ask again what he is doing, next time he'll say something like "I'm getting dressed" and so on until he is finally ready to come get you and chases after you, and when he gets you, you are in for a tickle attack. Well, Naomi and I took turns being the wolf. When her turn came and I asked what the wolf was doing she said "Me estoy bañando- I am taking a shower" then "Me estoy poniendo mis pantalones- I am putting my pants on" the third time was just funny, she said " Me estoy poniendo mis zapatos para ir a correr- I am putting on my shoes to go running" and of course I had to laugh. That little girl is just funny.

What do you in the house during this cold winter days?

Contributors