Friday, November 21, 2008

My first recording


There will be a Spanish Christmas program at the Tabernacle on December 5 and 6. This is a annual event since 6 years ago, when I was part of the choir performing then at the Conference Center. This year again, I will be part of the Choir. This time it will be a little bit different. It will be like a repertoire of all the different Latin American Christmas Carols and folkloric dances. We have been practicing since October and I am really excited. There is particular song I am most excited and nervous about "A la media noche" a Puerto Rican popular Christmas song, it is very fast and there will be dancers dancing a Cuban guaracha to this song which we will sing acapella! YIKES! A small group will be singing this song. Last night we met to rehearse the song and record it for the dancers, I guess they have been practicing to a music track and they want to start rehearsing to the actual voices singing it to have a better feel of what is going to be like. So we went to this recording studio at one of the directors house, everyone kept scooting their selves to the back of the room so they wouldn't be in front of the mic, it was funny. Afterwards I realized that I have recorded my first song! ....with a whole bunch of other people, but still, it is something that I had never done before, and it was kind of cool.


If you are interested in going to this event, let me know. There is limited admission, but I can try to get you some tickets. Mark your calendars! It will be fun! and if you are not familiar with how latinos celebrate their Christmas's this will give you a pretty good idea. We are full of festivity and fun!

Contributors