Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bum-bum doing better and the goodness in our youth

Today was a better day for Jocie, which equals to a better day for mommy as well. Her bum-bum, as Naomi calls it, looks a lot better. Her diarrhea is also going away, but I'm not holding my breath hoping that is gone, because it might just be back tomorrow, you never know. She would cry and try to hide from me every time I'd ask her if she was clean or not, she knew what was coming, but we had a lot less episodes today than we did yesterday. I planned our meals around her all day today, trying to help her tummy settle. For breakfast she had toast and bananas, no milk. For lunch we had plain yogurt with honey and bananas, and for dinner we had pasta and mash potatoes, chicken, brussel sprouts and green beans. We stayed away from milk and juice all day long, and gave her plenty of water to drink. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

On another note. Today the Seminary students at Highland High School had their yearly Thanksgiving fruit basket delivery. They made hand made cards and fruit basket for the elderly in each ward and then they deliver them along with a couple of Christmas songs and/or a scripture. I was really surprise and pleased with the youth in our branch, specially the Youngmen. They were very polite and sweet to elderly members that we visited, even hugged and kissed some of them. The last family we visited was that of a 87 year old brother who was a Sargent in Dominican Republic, his native country, and he had lots of stories to tell. The young men and women sat and listen to him very attentively. I thought they were just pretending to pay attention, but to my surprise they were all listening to every detail. I thought we would never get out of there. We finally did and as we left and walked towards the car I heard them all talking about how cool his stories were and going over them again. I was really surprised. I felt a little bad, I guess for under estimating the goodness in our youth. They are good kids. Hats off to them!

Contributors