Friday, November 21, 2008

What did you just say?

We went to the park at around noon today. The cold weather kind of scared me off and has kept me in the house for the past couple of weeks. The cold mornings just set my mood for the day, even though it does get warmer later in the day. Today we just had to get out. I got lunch ready to go, put on some sweaters and jackets and headed out to the park. Jocie is so independent now a days, I had to split from Naomi at times just to go follow her. Big sister is now interacting with other kids and doing pretty much her own thing at the park, of course I always keep a vigilant eye over her and make sure she was always within sight.

Well, Jocie just kept wanting to wander farther and farther away from the play area where Naomi was, and we needed to go back and stay closer to big sister. I had to call on Jocie to stop going the direction she was heading and when she turned around to look at me I asked asked her if she wanted to go find Naomi with me, this is what came out o her mouth, a very clear and distinctive "NO". First she shook her head and then she said the word "NO" My jaw literally dropped, while I gasped in disbelief. "What did you just say?" I guess this is just the beginning, the first of many, many, many more "NOs" to come.

Morale of the story "Don't ask!"

Contributors