Thursday, May 28, 2009

C is for Caterpillar part#2


Our caterpillar turned into a beautiful butterfly and flew out our window....to caterpillar heaven.
The girls were really excited to see a real caterpillar. They took very good care of it for a couple of days. They gave it a little house in a jar with leaves, even gave her a bath . They carefully carried it around the house in a little jar, or attached to Naomi's shirt, she was convinced this was her new pet and really cared for it. It took Jocie a little while to warm up to it, she was excited to see it, but wanted nothing to do with it, when she finally did she was so careful and soft with it, she'd "pet" it and talk to it. So cute. I wanted to put it back on a tree and let it go on it's merry way right after I showed it to the girls, but Naomi was so excited about it, she begged me no to do it. I kept telling her that this time we were gonna let it go only to postpone the release of the little caterpillar time after time. On the second day, I took a little branch an stuck it in the jar so that the caterpillar would have something to climb on. Did not put the lid back on and then went on with my day. When we came back to check on it, it was gone. The bad news was that I had left the jar on the counter next to the sink. We looked for it everywhere, every little crack, lifted every little thing, but nothing. I think it went down the drain! I felt so bad, even stuck my hand in the garbage disposer and took a really good look in there, but nothing. The girls had taken such good care of it and I killed it! Daddy and I were forced to tell the girls that it had turned into a butterfly and flew out the window. They believed it.
















Contributors