Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm now a Soccer mom

I had noticed Naomi a little bored and distracted in her dance class. So I kept that in mind and when the next session was up for registration and asked her if she wanted to come back before signing up again. She answered immediately, not giving it much thought, and said she did not want to come back again. So I continued to offer some suggestions: Swimming, baseball, music, art, soccer... and soccer it was! This little girl knows what she wants.

I knew where to go to find a class because I'm always keeping an eye open for activities to get her enrolled in. It turned out that the the next month was already full, so we registered and waited for the following one. I figured a little break would do us good anyway. This week was our second class and she was as excited as her first week. I should have figured before that she'd like this. She's a tough little girl full of energy, it figures!

The first week the coach went over the rules and had them kick the ball around to get a feel of it. Today he had them wait in line until their turn came up to run with the ball and kick it into the goal. Every time she'd get a turn her face would change in a second and she'd get her GAME FACE on. She'd wrinkle her nose and forehead, her tongue almost sticking out, focused on that ball. It was so much fun to see. The other moms were also pretty impressed with her, commenting on how fast and good she is. She is a natural! Anyway, what can I say? I'm her mother! In my eyes she will always be the best at whatever she does and I will always be her biggest fan.

I had fun too!

Soccer girl.
Concentrating on the ball.



Look at her go! She is fast!
My mom and my sisters Areli and Nathalie all had the day off and came with us to take care of Jocie while I was with Naomi. Areli took all this pictures. Gracias Tia Areli!

Contributors