Tuesday, May 19, 2009

C is for caterpillar


Just a quick post.

Part of last week and this week the girls and I have been learning about caterpillars and butterflies, and the letter "C" for caterpillar. We checked out a video about caterpillars and how they turn into butterflies from the library, along with some caterpillar children's books and have been reading them all week. Today we made a "C" is for caterpillar craft and that was going to be the end of our "C" is for caterpillar theme... or so I thought. As I was getting up from the couch tonight heading over to bed, guess what I spotted right there next to me on the couch? A caterpillar! How did it get here? We most have called it into our house with all the caterpillar talking that has been going on around here lately. So I lured it into a little jar, filled with lettuce and spinach, hoping that it will survive the night there for the girls to see tomorrow when they wake up. They will be so excited!

Contributors