Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Dad

I wanted to take a moment and talk about something that makes me happy, my family. And more particularly, my role as the dad in the family.

Due to reasons that I may never understand, and as part of a larger plan, I have been blessed with the opportunity to be the Dad in this family, with a sweet wife, and with two little girl who happen to be two of my best friends. These three people are at the center of my main purpose in life: to make their lives good. I want to see them smile, and have fun, and be pretty, and do fun things, and learn and be smart, and shine with happiness. These are the things that I like to see. When I see these things, it makes all of my hard work worth while. When I see my girls with smiles on their faces when I leave to work, and again with smiles when I come home from work, it makes my hard work worth it. It validates my efforts and struggles away from home, to see the success that we are having in the home. The fact that my little girls get sad if I try to leave to work and I forget the goodbye kiss, that is awesome. It is a powerful connection that we have, this family. And I know that as soon as I walk in the door I will have two little girls racing to see who can get to dad first for their hug, that is just so cool. It makes the troubles of the day instantly completely disappear.

Life is good when you have a happy mom, two happy girls, all healthy and smiling. It validates dad's role when everyone is happy. When the people inside dad's stewardship are happy, dad feels good about himself and feels good about what he is bringing into the family. I love that about my family. I love to see everyone happy, healthy, learning and growing stronger. I enjoy seeing these three silly girls playing and giggling. It is what I am all about. At work I work hard and take names, and it is in part to gain a sense of worth from doing a good job at what you do. But a large reason behind working well is to make sure that your family can continue to be happy and well taken-care-of.

I want everyone to know that I am a happy man. My role as Dad is validated daily. My friendship with my two little girls is a so important and makes me feel like a king, the luckiest king in the world. My wife and I have been through a lot together and we are still buddies. I love her! I hope that all my friends have the same joy inside their roles are dads.

Contributors