Sunday, May 3, 2009

On growing, making the change and being a teacher-big sister.

Jocie is 21 months old. A few more months and she will officially stop being a baby and turn into a little girl. I don't even know what gave me that idea, that two is the magic number for when a baby stops being a baby. Already she is going potty. This week something clicked and she started letting me know when she needed to go. She has made unbelievable progress in just ONE week. To make matters worse, for me at least, Aaron decided to change the crib into a BIG GIRL'S bed this weekend! I literally begged him not to do it, even got teary eyed, to give us at least another month to be ready, but for some reason he was so eager to make the change! I couldn't not stop him. Last night was Jocie's first night of sleeping on her newly transformed bed. She slept like a baby, no rolling off the bed accidents, yet. The 21 month old mark also got me thinking Naomi was 21 months when Jocie was born! What was I thinking!? She was still a baby! Jocie is so little right now and so was Naomi. I couldn't help but feel guilty for stealing Naomi out of time, attention and learning, but then I thought of the two together and how much they love and enjoy each other's company and I couldn't imagine one without the other. Naomi came only a few months earlier and that automatically turned her into a teacher the moment Jocie was born. Jocie is learning so much from her big sister, learning how to go potty is proof of it. I'm happy that soon we won't have to buy anymore diapers, at least for a while, but sad to see my little one growing so fast. All I can do is do the best with the little time I have left with my BABY, soon to be my LITTLE GIRL.


Daddy making the change and Jocie in her big girl CHONES (undies)
(I think I'm gonna start a Spanish word of the day or something like that)


Jocie's big girl bed.


She got ahold of her reward stickers ( I didn't even have to bribe her with candy!) and decided to cover her hands with them. She deserves them!


Contributors