Sunday, June 7, 2009

While you are gone........

So Aaron is away til Thursday on a fishing trip to Mexico with his brothers. Yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, but glad he gets to spend THAT type of quality time with his brothers, whom he loves very much. Meanwhile I thought I'd try to blog about our days while he is gone so he does not miss out on the fun here at home.

Let's see..You left Saturday morning. After that we packed and got ready to move to buelito and buelitas for the week until daddy gets home. Got the girls clothes, my running clothes and Tank in the car and arrived at buelita's to a delicious mexican breakfast awaiting us, warm home made wheat tortillas and all, YUM! My mom knows how to spoil us! She wasn't done making them so the girls were happy to help, as always. After that we picked some cherries from my parents backyard, trying to get ahead of the birds who are starting to eat them. They beat us to it every year, so we thought we better star taking them down half way ripe and just let them continue to ripe in a box or something. We don't know if they will continue to ripe, but i guess we will find out. Tomorrow we are heading out there again to pick some more. We are also going in search of a fake owl to scare away the birds, per Grandpa Mark's recommendation. The girls ate a couple and discovered they weren't quite ready. After that Grandma Kelli and Grandpa Mark arrived with more fresh fruit just picked from their own back yard, strawberries. It must have been a couple pounds of strawberries. They were nice and sweet and we enjoyed every one of them.
Later that day while the girls took a nap, I went running along the Jordan River trail with my sister Nathalie and her boyfriend Don-Hee. They rode their bikes while I tried to catch up to them. Of course I never did, but stayed within sight of them the whole time. Seriously my heart felt as it was about to pop out of my chest, it was a good work out.

After that Nathalie's friend was having a birthday party for her little boy and we tagged along Mexican style, hehe! The girls had a lot of fun, petted an albino snake and a rabbit the magician had as part of the show. Naomi made friends like she always does while Jocie chased after a little Chihuahua someone brought to the party, and picked on every little ant she'd see crawling on the floor every time she'd look down. You know her, she is our little animal lover. They ate their little hearts content with candy and then we came home. Actually we stopped by blockbuster on our way home, Jocie got her hands on some candy on our way to the register and threw a big tantrum when I took it away from her, you know the type where she melts out of your arms and pushes herself away from you with her legs on your chest type of tantrum, along with some screaming and crying to top it all off. Yeah, I bet you are jealous and wished you were here instead of Cancun. We didn't get to watch the movie, it was late and the girls needed to get to bed, so I'm torturing Naomi and having her wait til Monday to watch her movie, you know me, I'm the Nazi Mormon who does not let her kids watch TV on Sunday, and yes of course that meant some more tears and kicking and screaming before going to bed. Are you jealous now? But after a while and some threatening of taking the movie back she settle for a book and a song, oh! and don't forget the back scratching before going to bed.

Today Naomi woke up screaming "Wake up everyone" I heard her and went into the room to get her. She must have been really tired because all she did was ask " Mommy, is the sun up yet?" It's been cloudy here, so she really couldn't tell if it was time to wake up. I told her no, the sun was not up yet, so she turned around and went back to sleep for another hour. Jocie slept in with tia Areli until 9 AM. Yeah, I could not believe it either. While she slept mom, dad, Naomi and I tried to take Tank and Nakon on a walk, but it started raining and we headed back. We went to church with my parents, but I had to leave during the last hour to go to our branch to teach my lesson, so the girls stayed with mom and dad for Sacrament meeting and what do you think I missed while gone? Naomi's first time going up to say her "testimony" So don't feel bad, you weren't the only one who missed it. My parents said she wanted to go up after she saw another kid go up. They said she was really cute and did not need any help with what to say.

This is what they told me she said:
Hola hnos y hnas. Vamos a ir a Mexico. Gracias por mi mami y mi papi y por Jocie, y por Tanke y Nakon. Amen.

After church we went to Grandma Kelli's and helped her pick some more strawberries. The girls played with Molly and up in your mom's little play room, they also enjoyed playing with the umbrellas. We had dinner and dessert, and visited for a while with grandma Kelli and grandpa Mark. The girls had not had a nap all day, so we headed home early to put them to bed. After pj's, a book, a song, and some back scratches they were both out. Now I'm waiting for you to log in so we can chat before going to bed.

I hope you are having lots of fun in Mexico, even though I know you'd be having way more fun with me there. Please wash your hands often and don't catch the flu. Te amo.

Contributors