Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An interesting Fathers Day

This was definitely an interesting Father's Day for Aaron. First he made a trip to the store the night before to buy groceries for me to have something to prepare for him for breakfast in the morning. I had left all of Friday and Saturday for the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay, and had spent all week long planning for the race that I forgot about fathers day with all the excitement and anticipation I had for Ragnar. He knew I would feel like a jerk if I had nothing special for him in the morning. So he went to the store for me, to save me from feeling like a complete looser for forgetting fathers day.
When the girls woke up in the morning I was expecting him to get up to get them and letting me sleep in, I had just gone more than 30 hrs without sleep during the race. The girls kept calling and he would not get up, that's when it clicked. Aaron would have gotten up to let me sleep in instead if I wasn't going to feel like the biggest jerk when I found out it was fathers day! Again, he did it for me. So stumbled out of bed and got the girls.


This is how I looked the morning after Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. Naomi took that picture of me. I was very tired.



I got some construction paper, glue, glitter and markers and had the girls make cards for daddy.


OK, I helped a little.


Then I open the fridge to find out daddy had done a little shopping after I passed out once my head hit the pillow. Thank goodness or his crepes would have been very plain.


Breakfast in bed for daddy.

We were on our way to my parents after church later that day. For some reason I wanted to drive. I never drive when Aaron is in the car, but this particular day he let me. A few blocks before getting to my parents Naomi started throwing up all over, and guess who had to jump to her aid while I drove? We almost had a throw up frenzy when Aaron started gagging. It wasn't pretty. Afraid that it might be the swine flu, he volunteered to go home with our sick child and asked that I stay with my parents that night, so that Jocie would not get it if she hadn't already. He came home to spend father day changing sheets, cleaning up and making rounds to the restroom all night long. The next morning he made an appointment and took our little one to the Doctor. Isn't he a good daddy!? Jocie and I were allowed to come home after finding out that she did not have the swine flu. Phew! Then he went to work and school very sleep deprived. Our hero!
Hope you had a happy Fathers Day knowing that we love you and think you are the best. (I will make it up to you in case that wasn't enough.)

Contributors