Tuesday, June 9, 2009

While you are still gone

Monday went pretty much uneventful. Mi tia Chave invited us over for breakfast and after that I took the girls on a bike ride to the park near my parents house. Wow! They are heavy! The whole time I was wondering how you do and make it look so effortless, specially when we were going uphill. You are strong, I'm a wuzz.

Anyway. It'd been cloudy all morning, and short after getting there it starting raining. All the little kids and their moms ran to take cover under the little roofed area with the picnic tables, I don't know how it's called, but Not Jocie and Naomi. The rain did not seem to bother them one bit. My thoughts were "It's just water. What is the big deal?" It only lasted a few minutes and then it was gone. No harm done.

After that we went home, had lunch, I put the girls down for a nap and went on a run. It's was a hard run. Every run is hard, but I like it! I didn't like the route I took either. There were no trees whatsoever and even though the sun had been hidden behind a cloud all day long it decided to come out just when I least needed it. Yeah, we are never moving anywhere South from Salt Lake City.

After that I came home and went to the Store with Nathalie to buy something to make for dinner while Mom and Dad stayed with the girls. We made stir fry with veggies, tofu, noodles, and cashews. Yeah, it was yummy, but I doubt yummier that the fresh caught mahi-mahi you probably had for dinner that night. LUCKY!

After that we went through our shower, pjs, books and songs routine at bed time. Naomi asked for you. She wanted to go home to see daddy. I told her you were not home yet, and reminded her that you were in Mexico fishing. She asked "Why?" I said "Because" She misses you. Jocie and I miss you too.

Today (Tuesday):

We woke up before everyone (7am) And had breakfast. Rice cakes and peanut butter, cereal and fruit for the girls and fruit and cottage cheese for me. Naomi got two big aluminum lids from my moms oyas and started using them as cymbals. She said "Look mom! I'm playing the cymbals!" and started marching around the kitchen. I told her to go in the hall way outside Nathalie and Itza's rooms to wake them up. She had fun! Her tias didn't wake up though. After breakfast we got ready to go to Homedepot in search of our Owl to scare away the birds from eating the cherries and we found it! It hangs by the tree as I type. Then we stopped by Smiths to get our ingredients for dinner later. Dad made caldo de res. Came home, put the girls down for a nap and went on a run. I ran to the West Jordan Temple and rescued a little dog from traffic, it's owner lived right across the street from where I found it. She was happy to have "Sassy" back. I also ran across a graveyard and got a mosquito in my eye. Weird. All in one day's run.

Sunday on our way to your mom's Naomi saw the temple and asked if we could go there. I promised her we would. So I made reservations this morning and we went today. Tia Chave, Eunice, Areli, Itza, Nathalie and Don-Hee got to come, so that was exciting. Everything was very organized from being shuttled from the parking lot in this little golf carts to even getting refreshments at the end. Before going in the temple we got to watch a little movie about temples and the making of this particular temple. Before the movie started we got to seat there while soft back round music played. Jocie could not help herself and started dancing around so gracefully. Even lifted her leg behind her like a ballerina. She is so cute. While in the temple Naomi asked me if that was were we had gotten married. I told her no, but that we did get married in another temple as pretty as that one. Jocie did wonderful. I had her in the stroller and she did great. Naomi not so much. We had to leave the sealing room presentation because she wanted to stand up on the chairs. She still got a cookie at the end even though I told her she wouldn't. Oops! Naomi said her favorite part was the movie. Go figure! Don-Hee said his favorite part was the swimming pool. LOL. The rain and the surprisingly chilly temperature did not stop us from enjoying our trip to the temple. Wish you were there.

After that we headed back to buelito's home. Went through our bedtime routine and now the girls are in bed while I blog and talk to you on messenger. Only two more days until you get home! Can't wait to see you.

Contributors