Thursday, October 16, 2008

Were there not two of them?

The girls helped me bake some chocolate chip cookies last night. We had some left to put away and munch on today. After a very busy day they woke up very hungry from their naps. Dinner was not ready so I offered a cookie. Their faces light up with a grin.

"Here's one for you and one for you" I said. Naomi skipped away with excitement, eyes fixed on that cookie. Jocie followed... and then... stoped half way into the living room, turned around, walked over to me, stood by my feet looking staight up at me and...smiled with a twinkle in her eyes, turned around and continued on her way to enjoying that cookie. I stood there mezmerized at what had just happened, trying to save that little moment into my memory forever. If only I'd had a camera right then. Those are the little things that make motherhood such a wonderful thing.

Contributors