Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Summer catch up

I was going through my pictures trying to select some of my favorite ones to print and I realized how many things I have to document here. I am so bad at scrap booking that this is the best thing my babies will have to look back on and know how their childhood days were spent. My blog will still be here in say... 10 yrs, right?

So the next few entries will be me trying to play catch up so just bare with me.


Our first visit to the aviary


We live really close to my favorite park in the whole wide world- The Liberty Park. The girls and I have spent many mornings there, feeding the ducks, playing in the playground, cooling off in the little water park during the summer, or for myself, running. For the past 2 yrs I have been telling myself every time as we leave the park- "Next time we are here we are definitely going to the aviary" And it finally happened a few weeks ago after I mentioned it to my neighbor and she said she'd been wanting to go too! So here are some of the pictures from that day.





My neighbor said some trees had fallen over during that really windy storm we had sometime last year. They got creative and used them to make something fun. They also made some benches that I did not take pictures of.



Notice Naomi does not have shoes on. She throws them off EVERYWHERE we go as soon as we get there. She is my free spirited child!




I think I see why that theory about dinosaurs evolutioning into birds. See the resemblance?



Another funny looking bird.


This one is actually kind of cute.
Taking a closer look.
Trying to feed the peacocks, while they kept getting further and further away.
Having a little something-something to eat.
Jocie took a ride in the baby carrier, thus leaving her out of the picture. But she had a lot of fun too. She kept pointing to the birds and talking to them. Always paying attention to what's going on.

Contributors