Monday, October 13, 2008

Harvest time!


I tought for sure our green beans were not going to bloom. I had lost all faith when finally one day we went outside to check just in case, and they there were! Baby green beans!


Our tomatoes in the other hand, were not so succesful. Two years in a row and I have not been able to figure out how to grow tomatoes! Everybody else's gives plenty of BIG tomatoes all the time! No, this are not supposed to be cherry tomatoes. They are supposed to be big, plump, juicy tomatoes! What is wrong with me? Still, Jocie loved to eat them. Naomi is not a fan of tomatoes, so she would take them off to give to little sister to enjoy. Third time is a charm? I think that's how the saying goes. So we will try again next year.

Good old squash never fails!
We got plenty of this all season long!




Our green beans finally came in. We planted this after mother days just as someone adviced me to do. Waited, and waited until one day it finally happened, later than I was expecting, but they came, just as it had started to cool down. I think the heat of the summer was not very good for them, so they waited until summer was over. The girls were all over them eating them fresh off the vine, Yummy! Finally all of our waiting payed off.


Ready to eat!


Enjoying the fruits of our labor.


Cute little Jocie eating green beans.


Yummy!




Contributors