Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A day at the Wheelers Farm

I am so behind on posting things I think I'm never catching up, and on top of that I have more things piling up that are happening mean while. For example, Naomi's B-day party this past weekend. I will get to it next, mean while I will share with you about our day at the Wheelers Farm.


I'd been wanting to take girls there for a while. So I invited my cousin Evelin and her two babies and we went. I had heard about the milking the cows and that was really my motive for going. Come to find out that part of the whole experience only happens once a day at 5:00 PM. We were there much earlier than that, so unfortunately it did not happen for us this time. Maybe next time.


To top that off, the day started off on a bad note. I will tell you about it. We were all hungry by the time we got there, around 11:30 AM. We spotted a nice pic-nic table under the shade of a tree and headed that way to have our lunch before getting down to exploring and running around. To make long story short, Naomi got stung by a pesty bee, while we were trying to eat our lunch. ARRGH! I saw the whole thing happening, from the dumb bee going after her peach, landing on her little hand, to hearing her scream of pain. I was so mad at myself and that bee! DANG you bee! You got what you deserved! LOL. Anyway. Naomi was such a trooper though. I rushed her to their offices there and good thing they had we needed. Candy and a little antiseptic swab thingy. Don't forget the band-aid. Band-aids are like trophies or something, she loves them so much she will look for the tinniest little scrape just to get one.


After that we bought some food to feed the ducks. I guess the ducks were either very hungry or excited to see the food they charged at poor little Alex and Naomi. They both dropped the food and escaped running. It took them a while to warm back up to approached them again and finish what they had started.


Then we got to the cows. Naomi being the big sister that she is, led the way for Jocie while she stayed back trying to decide whether she wanted to get close or not.

Then Naomi decided to stick her arm in through the fence and got scared when the cow looked her way. Can you see her face? She screamed and closed her eyes as she tried to pull her arm out, and I got the shot. She was fine, just a little startled.

There's something about ponies, kids are just drawn to them. Jocie stood there giggling and clapping and talking to them. Same thing with horses, since I was little until this day, I wish I had a horse.


And Naomi just couldn't resist climbing onto the tractor. I was an old, broken tractor. I think is just there for decoration, the tires are flat and it's pretty dusty. I felt bad that other kids there wanted to climb up after seeing Naomi up there and their parents wouldn't let them. Oops! Am I a bad mother for letting my kid do that? I didn't see a sign that said not to touch or climb. I figuered it must be there as part of the fun. Oh well!

Dressed for the ocassion with his cowboy boots.
We took a hay ride around the farm. We looked at the chickens, the pigs, and the sheep and then headed home nice and tired ready for a nap!

Contributors