Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Early Autum Hike



Playing with the leaves.
Covering her hears from the loud windy noises from the trees.
Who can resist throwing rocks into the water?

All the pretty colors.

A hairy caterpillar.




Trying to get some shots.



Before I got married, even before I met Aaron, I used to always think "I want to have an outdoors type of family" Now that I'm married I often find myself thinking the same thing. I feel that with the girls going to the park and my running we often end up "outdoors" but not the type of outdoors I would rather. Smog from passing cars, stop lights among other things are not exactly what I picture in my head when I say "outdoors" Well one morning I woke up thinking "We're never going to be and outdoors family if we don't get out there!" and I decided to replace our morning run for a morning hike! I called my sister Areli and she was more than excited to tag along. It only took us a about 20 mins to get there. Such a shame I have not taken advantage of such pretty sights and trails before.

The girls loved it! We hiked for about an hour and half. Naomi wanted to keep going, but it was getting late and we needed to head back for lunch and a nap. We found lots of interesting things along the way and I had a lot of fun watching them explore and seeing their reaction to things. The wind for example, it kept blowing really hard that the trees would get really loud and both Naomi and Jocie kept covering their ears. They were cute. I think it was a good learning experience for my little ones. We definitely need to go back before winter strikes.

Here are some pictures from our trip.



Always a step- or two, ahead of me.


We found a little stream and of course they wanted to take a closer look and touch the water.



Naomi thaught Jocie how to turn leaves into little boats. They sat there throwing leaves into the water and then watching them sail away down stream.






Tia Areli came with us. She was lots of help and fun. Thanks Tia Areli!

Contributors