Friday, July 25, 2008

Race Results are In!


That was the longest 10K I've ever ran! The race started at 6:00 AM at the Research Park in the University of Utah and ended at the Liberty Park. It felt like it was never going to end! But I'm glad to report I made it all the way and I'm very happy with my performance. I have set a personal record I'm afraid I'll never be able beat! I'm sure that the going down hill for maybe 1/2 of the distance had a lot to do with it. I was thinking this was going to be a breeze, hence the going down hill, but it was my thougest run yet. Going down hill did helped in some way, but then again I was using muscles I don't usually use in my normal runs and I could feel it from the very begining. Everything hurts, even my lower back and arms! I can barely walk! My left shoe was a little loose, but I did not want to stop to fix it, and now I'm paying for it, my left calf kills! I got blisters on both feet too. There were two aid stations (for water) along the way, but I did not want to have anything slow me down, so needless to say I did not make use of them.

My family and Branch President were there and I was very excited to see them all cheering me on. It meant a lot. I also met Allyson, from the Fitness Mamas blog were we log all of our weekly runs. Good job Allyson!

And last but not least I want to thank Aaron and my little girls for all I have put them through during my training. I promise I will fold all the laundry that's waiting for me and I will give my little girls a rest from the heat and sun in the mornings. The only one that I think will resent me is the dog, for he will have to take a break as well, he won't be happy.

I was not expecting or even planing to do as well as I did, so I was very surpised with my time. Here is how I did:

Time: 50 min 52.4 sec
At an 8:11 min per mile pace

This is how I did overall:

Came in at 639th place out of 2030 people

This is how I did overall by gender:

Came in the 196th place out of 1094 females

This is how I did in the female/age category:

Came in 30th place out of 230 females age 25-29

Contributors