Sunday, July 6, 2008

Girls Camp- Part 2

We named our dessert "Like a Rock" which was actually our Camp Theme, so it worked out perfectly!

Sunrise Hike. We had to wake up at 5AM! But it was completely worth it.


Our Branch President and my Young Women.

First Year's snipe hunting! Some one was very dissapointed.

Girls Camp was fun, different when you go as a leader than when you go as a kid. Very exhausting! I came home ready to sleep for 3 days in a row, no interruptions. Yeah, right!
Pulling the trailer was a breeze, with the exception of a couple casualties. OK, we got a little lost on the way there I had to pull up to look at the map, but then I had to back up in order to get back on the road. YIKES! I thought I was never going to get out of there! Aaron warned me "Don't go anywhere where you'll have to back up!" Why do I do this things to myself!? Then on the way back from camp our tarp that was covering the trailer almost flew off. Good thing someone drove up next to me and pointed it out. It was scary standing on the side of the Hwy, trying to fix it, with all those high speed cars and eighteen wheelers passing me by. Scary! But other than that the driving with a trailer part was just fine and I lived to tell the story.
At camp we had a Dutch Oven cook off the same night we got there. Each ward was making a dessert and the judges would be blind folded when they got to taste our desserts. Good thing for us, because our "Monkey Bread" didn't look so good. It got ridiculously burned, it looked like charcoal! That's how burned it was. Yeah, needless to say, we didn't win. The rest of my dutch oven cooking experience during camp, didn't turn out so bad. We flipped over the lid to cook pancakes and scrambled eggs, but we ended up doing most of out cooking on the ashes. Tin foiled fajitas, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I think we deserved a special medal for all the fires we had to start and put out. We were the only ones cooking cowboy style, everyone else had gas stoves. The girls actually thought it was more fun this way, even if it meant waking up earlier than everyone else to get the fire started and cook one pancake at the time. We had the real campers experience. Those were my two main concerns and I'm happy to report that I made it through camp. Not all the girls liked my food, but most of them did. So I'll take it.

Contributors