Monday, April 21, 2008

Running- Correr

It's now been a month since I got back to running and I feel great! A week or two after that I was inspired by a friend and started training to enter a 5K race. All of the sudden running for me took a whole different meaning and stopped being only about loosing the weight. It is now about pushing myself and learning what I am capable of doing that I didn't know before.I can feel myself getting faster and stronger everyday and finding it exciting when I make a better time. Believe it or not, it's kinnda fun. Well, I guess being inspired is contagious because Aaron is now joining me on my quest every morning (that is the goal, even though it doesn't always works that way) before he goes to work. Even my little sister and my dad are doing it. I'm still planning on entering a race in another month. Aaron's training will take longer, fall or even later, we'll see. Anyway, wish us luck and let us know if you want to race with us in the next month or in the fall!

Ya es un mes desde que comence a correr otra vez y me siento muy bien! Una o dos semanas despues de eso una amiga me inspiro a entrenar para entrar a una carrera de 5K. De repente correr para mi tomo un significado completamente diferente y paro de ser solo una manera de perder peso. Ahora se trata de empujarme a mi misma y darme cuenta de lo que soy capaz que no sabia antes. Puedo sentir que cada vez gano velocidad y fuerza y me emociono cuando hago mejor tiempo. Creanlo o no, es algo divertido. Bueno, pues al parecer el ser inspirado es contagioso, por que Aaron ahora se a unido a mis esfuerzos cada mañana ( o casi cada mañana, aunque a veces no se puede) antes de irse a trabajar. Hasta mi hermana y mi papa lo estan haciendo. Yo sigo planeando entrar a una carrera en un mes. El entrenamiento de Aaron tomara mas tiempo, para Otoño o quizas mas tarde, ya veremos. Pero bueno, deseenos suerte y avisenos si quieren correr con nosotros en el proximo mes o en otoño!

Contributors