Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference weekend

We had a good conference weekend. Once again we did not go downtown for our traditional Sunday Conference pic-nic. The weather was a bit cold and it would have been a disaster to have the girls go half a day without a nap. We decided that staying home would be best. Naomi and I baked a carrot cake before the first session started, she is mommy's little helper. She likes to mix and stir and drip cake mix all over the counter top and floor. She likes to put her little hands in the dry ingredients and shake them all up. She hates cracking the eggs and getting her hands dirty...Wew! she says. And then she loves looking at the cake bake through the stove's glass...Cool! she says. After that we put her in our room to watch a movie. I know! I did not want to do that, but then was glad that we were able to watch conference without any interruption. Josie was a little angel too, she did really good. She watched conference with us for a little bit and then she was ready for a nap and slept almost through the whole thing. Between sessions we had lunch with some friends from the Branch, we ate some good food and carrot cake and then came back home on time to watch the second session. The girls did practically the same thing for the second session. We were able to watch conference in the comfort of our own home and I actually think I liked it more than going downtown. My favorite talk was by Elder Ballard. He talked on the subject of motherhood. Everything he said was right what I needed to hear and left me feeling so much better. I realized that I have room to improve, but also that I am doing a good job. Most important that my good job might not be the same as someone else's good job because we all have different circumstances and abilities. He said so many good things I will have to post his talk when it becomes available. Anyway, I love Conference!

Contributors