Thursday, June 5, 2008

A quick update

Not much new. Aaron's leg is looking a lot better, but he's still on antibiotics. The Doctor told him that some of the swelling might never go away, we thought that was weird. He is going to school during the summer, taking 3 classes or 10 hrs. He is also working 4- 10's so he can have Fridays off, YAY! Tomorrow will be his first Friday off.

I am now training to run a 10K in July 24, the day after my sister gets home! So excited! After that I would like to do a triathlon under a novice division, 200 yds swim, 7m bike and 1.3m run. It's coming up on August and even though I will not have enough time to train I think it would be fun. I would like to run a couple more 10K's and even a half marathon by the end of the year and do a whole marathon next year, YIKES! So now that I've gone public with that I'll need to work really hard.

The girls are doing great. I can't believe Josie will be 11 months in just a few days! Wow! She still won't crawl, I think she will skip the whole crawling thing and go straight into walking because she is doing really good at that. Naomi started crawling at 8 months and walking at 13 months. They are completely different from each other. I can see how Josie learns faster than Naomi did, but is not as daring as Naomi was. At eleven months Josie is giving you a high five, giving kisses, waving hi and bye, pointing at things, saying "halla!" (there), faking a laugh, drinking from a sippy cup, signing "more" and "all done" (se acabo), chewing on her toes, has 6 teeth (4 of them just coming in at the same time!), loves to stand at the window and look outside, loves to chase after the dog and being chased by her big sister, loves to watch the birds that feed in our back yard, loves to have mommy walk her around the house all day long if possible, loves her osito and her "chupis" (binki) at bed time.Mommy never struggles when putting her to bed. She is a cuddler. She will snuggle with osito and rest her head on my shoulder. So sweet! Tofu and frozen fruit (through the mesh feeder thingy of course) are some of her favorite treats. LOVES to go down the slide and on the swing. Most of all she loves her big sister and laughing at all the silly things she does. Hates it when bath time is over, when it's time for a diaper change, when daddy smothers her with kisses, when she does not get her food fast, when mommy stops walking her and puts her down. Other than that she has a super sweet personality and temper unless she misses her nap.

We often get remarks from people saying that our kids are well tempered and easy to be around. Again, I thank baby wise! We have seen how they turn into a mess when they have not had enough sleep or miss a nap, but also they are sweet-sweet babies all alone :) (of course mommy would say that)

Anyway, this is why I hate to blog. I always end up going to bed later than usual. I will go now.

Contributors