Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day

We had a good fathers day. On Saturday morning we took Aaron fishing at Timpanogos. I wanted it to be a surprise, so I blind folded him before leaving the house, and even then he could tell exactly were we were going and got every turn I took right on. I even took a detour to get on the freeway, but it was no use. He kept telling me where we were the whole way there. What he didn't know was that I had his fishing pole in the trunk, so he was excited when he found out. Sorry to say he didn't get much of that done, but he had fun teaching Naomi how to reel the little floating bubble back in.

We had a little picnic before walking over to the lake. There were squirrels all over the place, and some of them didn't seem to mind us at all. We fed one of them some of our quiche, then it left and came back with a couple more of his friends. The girls had a lot of fun watching them nibble away their food. Look closer. Can you see the squirrel?

Jocie was just fascinated by them. She kept scooting herself closer. I had to grab her to back up because Aaron was scared it might jump on her.

A little moment caught on picture. Daddy and his two little girls.

Walking the trail, looking for a fishing spot.

Daddy teaching Naomi "how to fish." This was Naomi's first time fishing.

Meanwhile Jocie played with the dirt. She liked that a lot and was very entertained by it. Can you tell?

It was a nice little day and I think Aaron enjoyed it a lot and that made me happy. He deserved it and more for being such great dad. We love him!

Contributors