Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33


"I am a star!"
February 2, 2012.


Coming soon, in May, the girls will be taking part in a production of "Tangled"- a musical. Naomi brought a flyer from school one day, and wanted me to call and enroll them right away. Our evenings after school get busy with homework, making dinner, baby, etc, that I kept leaving it for later. Finally after a few days of reminding me to call and no results, Naomi took matters into her own hands taking the flyer from where it hung on the fridge, dialing the number herself, and leaving a message saying that she wanted to join the group and to please call her back. Sure thing, I got a call the next day from a lady asking for Naomi Frost's mom and I finally had to take them both in. The first day we attended they were having auditions in preparation to start handing parts out. The class has been going on since November, it is now February, so the girls have a little ways to catch up. Still, they each stood up in front of the mic and performed their best rendition of one of Tangled songs: "When will my life begin." They have seen the movie at least a handful of times, so they knew bits and pieces of the song. Had it been the "Flower gleam and glow" song they would have had the main character's part in their pocket, ha! They know and love that song, and sing it with perfect pitch it gives me chills. Anyway, all the kids in the production get a singing and/or talking part. The girls will be in two acts, in one as a chameleon and the other as a fairy each and they both got singing parts. It is going to be so fun watching them perform! I am so excited!

 Rolling over.





Baby trying to roll over this morning. He did it!

 We had a doctor's appointment this morning. He got pocked, good thing he cried very little- Whew! This was his first vaccine. I wanted to wait longer, but compromised to having only one vaccine at a time, instead of the three they wanted to give him all together- Yuck! I feel a lot comfortable doing it this way. It is very overwhelming and confusing trying to make THE best choices for your baby with all the information overload available on the internet. Same thing with the sleeping deal- To let them cry it out, or not to let them cry it out? The Doctor told me today that it is best to wait until after 6 months- I just started letting him cry it out this week-Aaaah! Like I need any more reasons to feel like a bad mother! Babies grow up to be the result of our parenting experiments. I hope my kids will turn out alright. Sight!....

Contributors