Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A new calling

I just got back from  an interview with the bishop where a new calling was extended to me, Nursery Leader. Of course I accepted, but I almost cried right there in the bishop's office, and it wasn't tears of joy. See, I have plenty of experience in the nursery since there was never a reliable nursery teacher in our previous Spanish Branch ever since my first born turned 18 months and it was time for her to be in the nursery, until the time we left ( a couple months ago) when my second born was already more than 2 years old. So I have been both my kids unofficial nursery teacher. At least now I will have the official title to be my own kid's nursery teacher. This was one of the reason's we made the move into the English ward. I needed some adult time and a class where I would acually be the one learning and being taught to. I think there's a scripture that says, "El  Señor no sera burlado" or "The Lord will not be mocked" and I am finding that this pretty much applies here. I tried to run from it, only to come back to same exact thing. Heavenly Father must be trying to teach me something.

I shared the news with Jocie when I got home and she was super excited "You are my teacher!" she yelled. She gave me a big hug and then said "You are going to give me snacks!" I couldn't help but smile and cry a little more, but this time they were tears of joy.

Contributors