Thursday, February 19, 2009

Winter wonderland 2008

We had a fun Christmas! My two brothers, nieces, nephew and sister in law visted from Texas. I was so happy and excited to see them. They arrived surprising everyone, except me, with their unexpected visit. My sister in law called about a month prior to let me in their little secret so I could make sure everyone would be home and that we were not planning on surprising them. So I had to keep the secret from everyone for a month. Pure torture! They stayed for 2 weeks and I loved every minute of it. We sled, we sled a lot, built snowmen and had snowball fights, went ice skating, we made and ate LOTS of tamales, even broke a piñata at night in 25 F degree weather! My parents house was filled with laughter, noise and kids running up and down all day and night. And when it all came to and end we were all sad to see them leave, wish they could have stayed. My little girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousins and meeting them for the first time. Naomi often remembers them, little Dany in particular, I think they have the same wild spirit and in that way were able to keep up with each other. Christmas this year was back to being what it was always meant to be.

Here's little Jo-Jo and cousing Mia sledding. They loved it.


Contributors