Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On running.

I found this quote on Marathon Mommies, one of the running blogs I visit. I like everything it says, I relate to it. So I thought I'd post it.

I Run Because...I love not just the finish line, but the trip along the way * it makes me feel free * I've got energy to burn * I need energy * it's my anti-depressant * I hope my kids will * I need and excuse to eat * stopping would hurt so much more than a blister or a broken toenail * walking takes too long and I have things I need to get done * my personal best is just that: mine * it's a good kind of sore * it makes the pavement feel needed * there are a lot worse addictions out there * there's no better way to explore a city or enjoy the spring flowers and fall leaves * I "just felt like running" * there's no drug like adrenaline * I'll never know how far I can go unless I try * the pavement doesn't complain when you pound it * it takes all I've got, but gives back more * Other's can't * I can *

I am back on the streets. This time a new experience of early risings and freezing temperatures. I have ditched the stroller. This time it's only me and my thoughts, and the dog. You can see my journey here (falls to icy pavements included).

Contributors