Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 59

 All Better
Wednesday February 29, 2012


I have no pictures to show for days 56-58. My little guy got really sick that we ended spending one night at the ER. The diagnosed given was "bronchiolitis". He's little lungs got so congested that he was having a hard time  breathing and his oxygen levels really dropped. It is amazing how even baby's bodies can communicate when there is something wrong that the naked eye can't see. Saturday night he woke up crying in the middle of the night. We tried holding him, rocking him, nursing him, but soon realized that something was really wrong when all of our attempts to console him failed again and again. I panicked. My knees trembled and I could feel myself loosing control of my ability to think and stay calm. He had a look of despair, and pain in his eyes. I felt helpless. I put on my shoes, grabbed the car keys and headed out the door to the hospital. Daddy stayed home with the girls. The nurses took him almost as soon as we walked up to the front desk and started checking his vital signs as I checked in. His oxygen levels were low so they did a deep nose suction, the worst! He did not like it. I cried with him. Then they put him on oxygen and we were not allowed to come home until the next day. He then spent the next couple of days on oxygen, at home, as we monitor him til his levels were safe to take him off this morning. He is doing better now.  

We are so blessed to be able to provide him and his sisters with the means for medical care. We are also blessed to have supporting family and neighbors. My mom came with dinner the same day we got home from the hospital and then came back a couple of days later to help me clean and play barbies with the girls. My neighbors helped taking the girls to and from school, and even brought us dinner one night. My sweet husband stayed  home from work that first day and took care of the house and the girls.

 My little boy is now doing better. He's almost back to his happy normal self. Mom is happy. Sleep deprived, but happy.

Contributors