Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Naomi's dance recital

Naomi loves to dance. In fact, I think she is very in touch with her art/creative instincts. I signed her up for a morning parent -child dance class when she was two, it gave us something to do. When she turned three she was advanced to the creative dance class group. Then we took a break from dancing this past summer until she asked me to take her back to dance class in the fall. We signed her up , this time during the evening since she started preschool this year. A few months ago I took the girls to see Ballet West during a ring around the roses performance of the Sleeping Beauty. Naomi was able to go on stage to learn some tricks from the experts themselves. She was very excited then. She asked for ballerina shoes this for Christmas. Yesterday she performed in her first dance recital. She counted down the days and of course was very excited. The choreography was everywhere and nowhere at the same time, but I believe everyone in the audience was able to see past and I'm sure everyone had as big a smile as the one on my face the whole time. Naomi was the cutest thing out there. I love my little dancing girl and I am so very proud of her and her courage to be up in that stage dancing her little heart out.


She saw my family seating up on the front row and ran to them in the middle of the performance.



She was very excited to see grandma.


During class the teacher told them to swing the bear around. This is her adding her little touch to "swinging" the bear around.

They loved the bubbles. She actually tried to catch some with her tongue.

Good toe pointing!

Naomi feels the music.



During the finale she jumped in and improvised a solo of her own.


during her solo

and more solo...


Done.



Contributors