Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where does she get this things from?

Naomi is just such an delight to be around. She is at an age where she will just come up with the most interesting and funny things to say and I promise I am not teaching her this things. This morning for example when we were getting ready to go to the park. This is how our little conversation went:

Mami: Let's get ready to go to the park.
Naomi: Is Anish coming to the park with us?
Mami: No sweety, not today.
Naomi: Anish is wonderful. He is my handsome prince.
Mami: (cracking up in laughter)

And then the other day when we went for a walk on garbage collection day.

Naomi: What is that smell?
Mami: I think is that garbage can. It smells gross uh?
Naomi: Yeah, it smells like BOY!


Or a couple of weeks ago. This I am not proud of. We were walking into church for a wedding reception and there was a lady walking a few yards in front of us. I think Naomi's view from her eye level must have made this woman rear look larger than it actually was that it got this reaction out of her.

Naomi: That lady has a BIG, FAT....(mumble)
Mami: covers up her Naomi's mouth as quick as possible as she sweats and blushes.

Luckily, I think that lady didn't hear her, or just pretended she didn't, or didn't speak English. Either way I was SO embarrassed. I took her aside and we had a little talk about how that could have hurt that lady's feelings and that we do not say things to hurt other peoples feelings. I trust she understood, she is smart little girl.

Contributors