Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter 2008

So this past weekend we celebrated my dad's b-day and Easter with the few relatives that we have here in Utah, my cousins Los Arcia, Evelin and Alex, also cousins and mi tia Chave and Eunice, my aunt and my cousin. It was really nice to spend time with all of them. Even though we only have each other here, we hardly ever get together. Yeah, kindda sad. I realized how important it is to bond with them. Aaron and I talked about it afterwards and decided that we needed to take the initiative to do it more often. I didn't realized that there's already 4 children in the family! Sometimes I feel bad thinking that my girls are not growing up with their cousins , like I did, because my older brothers who have kids live far away, but I feel better now realizing that they will have that now that the family is growing. Back to the celebrations. My dad made some awesome ribs, soooo goood! and to go with that he has this BBQ sauce recipe that is really good too. My dad's like a BBQ pro. Afterward, we all got stuffed with tres leches cake that was really good too. I think I gained like 2 lbs that weekend. And of course we had an egg hunt for the little ones. Naomi was moving very quick finding all those eggs, while the other 2 little ones were trying to figuere out what to do, after a little they all picked up their speed too. The next, Sunday, we had an improvised dinner at our house, ate a lot, had another egg hunt, the kids painted some eggs and then we had a Family Home Evening . I got to play the piano to accompany the hyms we were singing. It was a really big deal for me because I've never played with other people singing and I was really nervous, but it worked out, he-he! I need to keep practicing. Anyway, that was our Easter, we had a nice weekend and made some memories with our family. THE END. I will post some pics later.

Contributors