Friday, April 16, 2010

Does my belly look big?

So the girls are trying on dresses that I have stored in a box in a closet, most of them are Naomi's hand-me-downs for Jocie, and some of them fit Naomi small, from last year. Anyway, Naomi tries on a dress and walks over to me to ask "Mommy, does my belly look big?"  My answer was of course "No! You look beatiful!" but really what I was thinking was "AAAAAAAH! !What!? How old are you!!" but instead I asked "Where did you hear that?" She didn't say she heard it from me, but that was probably what she was thinking. I am very careful, or so I thought, not to ever say "I'm fat!" or "Does this make my butt look big?" in front of the girls. I know they are always watching and listening and the absorb everything like a sponge, but I guess I need to be more careful and I will be more careful. What's next? Boys?

Contributors