Monday, November 30, 2009

Motivation tactic

So I'm trying something new to stay commited and motivated to cross train on my days off from running. When I trained for my first 5K last year it helped me blogging about it here. It was kind of having virtual running buddies to be accountable to. This helped me get over the hump of making running into a habit, now I think I am passed that point and can say that waking up early on certain days out of the week to go running has turned into a routine. However, this is not the case when it comes to crosstraining. I've had a hard time stablishing a routine to do any type of exercise that is not running. Why? I don't know. Why would running in the dark and cold weather be more appealing to me than working out in the warmth and convinience of my own living room? I don't know. Well to make a long story short. I going to start blogging about it, this time on my own blog, and hopefully it will help me now like it did then.

Today is Monday, a crosstraining day and I did nothing. It would be nice to write off grocery shoping, cleaning and vaccuming, making dinner and a total of about 1 hr and 45 mins worth of driving as crosstraining. That's not to mention the melt down Jocie had today because she did not want to go down for a nap. I wonder how many calories I burned just there. Well all of those went down the drain when I ate that piece of brownie Aaron made for after FHE. Good news are I get to burn some of those tomorrow morning!

Anyway, Beth and I are getting closer to kicking off our Marathon trainning in just a few weeks! I'm excited!

What do you do to stay motivated on reaching your health/fitness goals?

Contributors