Monday, September 21, 2009

A little laughter.


Tonight as we were having dinner Jocie came around the table and stood next to me, got my attention by pulling on my shirt, then pointed to her tummy with a very sad look in her face. She had a tummy ache. I understood her immediately and went down the troubleshooting list. Do you need to go to the restroom? She said no. Do you need to throw up? She said no. I took her to her bedroom and sat there next to her as she laid in her bed, sweating and squeezing her eyes shut, in pain. I was scared and worried. Until Little Naomi came in the room with her sense of humor as always. She sat next to Jocie and told her to just throw up, simulation included. Jocie thought it was so funny that she cracked up laughing. Naomi smiled to see her sister's reaction. "She likes that!" and continued to do it, over and over again. Jocie continued to laugh releasing what seemed to be the problem (gas) and giving us one more reason to continue laughing. She was fine after that. Who would have known that a little laughter would solved the problem?

Contributors