Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy B-day Jocie!


Jocie's first b-day.

Jocie the week before turning 2 (4th of July weekend)

Look how big I am!


The look in her face when I walked in the room with a cake in hand was priceless. She instantly proceeded to blow out the candles. She knew what to do. Definitely worth staying up til 1:30 AM making it.

Today is Jocie's b-day. She turns two! yes, once again I realize time flies, but I think I do that every day. Today marks her big girl milestone in my eyes, and yes I star loosing my little baby girl. Sniff!

Here are somethings about Jocie:

Jocie has such a gentle and sweet spirit. She is so calm and quiet and still....when her sister is not around. Otherwise they are both crazies! She is an easy learner, but I fear I have not exploited her intellectual to her full potential. I think it might have to do with having to divide my attention and time.
Jocie is an animal lover. From tiny insects to dogs, horses, any type of animal. She goes crazy every time she spots one, any animal and has a good eye for them. It seems like she is always on the look out for creeping or furry beings.
Jocie is a nurturer. From very very young she started carrying her little dolls around, feeding them, covering them with a blanket, putting them in bed, taking them potty, putting band aids on their awies, cleaning them, etc, etc.
Jocie loves to pretend "she's a baby" It's funny listening to her in her baby- tiny- little- pitch voice when she really is a baby. Ha!
Jocie has been potty trained since 21 months of age! Both day and night. Which reminds me. Where have those extra $40+ bucks a month have been going? ...It shall remain a mystery.
Jocie has been sleeping in a big girl bed for a couple months as well with very little rolling off the bed incidents, maybe 2 at the most.
Jocie loves to play pretend restaurant. She asks "what would you like, water?- que va querer, Agua?" Of course only I understand her, and then she will "bring it" to you. You can order other things besides water: hamburgers, fries, pizza, whatever! She has it all.
Jocie loves the swings. She can stay there for hours if mommy lets her. She throws her head back, closes her eyes and just enjoys the breeze in her face.
Jocie loves and looks up to her big sister. She will literally do EVERYTHING she sees her doing, including repeating her sentences.
Jocie is my tiny little helper. The other day I caught her picking up Tanks food that had fallen out of his plate and then putting it in the garbage without being told. She didn't even know I was looking.
Jocie is a very healthy kid. She does a lot of jumping,dancing, climbing, running, going up and down stairs and playgrounds. She moves, moves, moves continually.
Jocie knows and has taken several trips to time up. She is very conscious of that and will choose doing what she is asked to instead of going to time out.
And on and on......

We are very bless to have Jocie in our lives. I'm thankful for being trusted with beautiful and healthy kids that fill our lives with joy. Listening to their laughter and seeing that little sparkle of joy in their eyes is what I live for.

Te amo pequeñita. Feliz Cumpleaños.

Contributors