Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update

I have been slacking on my blogging, which is a good thing. I've been spending more time doing other things instead of here at the computer. Trying to keep up with the house work and the little girlies. By the way, it's official! Jocie is walking! She's been walking for over a week now. She took her time to make sure to have a strong start. She surprised me one day when I left her in her room, to go get breakfast ready, and then saw her walk right into the kitchen with a big smile on her face. Like the good mom I am, my reaction was running to her ready to catch her, but she didn't need me to. I remember Naomi having lots of falls and stumbles, but Jocie hasn't had very many of those, or maybe our house is more child proofed this time around. Well, whatever it is, she is doing great! Walks around the house all day! Very independent and sure of herself. She still hasn't figured how to get up on her own, so if I hear her complain I just know she needs help getting up. I have to say, it's easier now that she is walking on her own, than before when she needed me to hold her hand to get to where she wanted.

Aaron started his new job last week. He is very excited to be able to learn and gain more experience that will make him a more valuable employee in the future. He also finished summer semester with B on his Ethnics class and an A on his Calculus class. He was very nervous taking the final for Calculus, but he did great! Came home that night literally drained. I'm so proud of him.

Naomi is as energetic as always. I can see that she is now sitting for longer periods of time, specially when she is drawing. She LOVES to color. Markers and water paints are her favorite, not much into crayons. She loves to sing and dance too. She's going to be a little artist. She also loves to run fast (she gets it from her mommy!) Watching the Olympics makes me think how much I would like my babies to find a sport or talent and help them develop it as much as they can, of course they are only 1 and 2 (almost 3), ha-ha! But I like to think about little silly things like that.

Me? I'm just keeping busy with my babies, the house and my calling. I got a new counselor this week. I only had 1 for the longest time and really needed a second one, since my one counselor is not always available, which I understand completely, she is a single mom and a nurse with a very crazy work schedule. Someone finally became available in our little branch, a return sister missionary that just came home two weeks ago, and not only that, we also got new service missionary couple assigned to our branch and both will be helping with the Young Men and Young Women! YAY! So I'm super excited. I'm also "training" for another 10K next month. I have been slacking though. I think I'm just more relaxed now that I have ran one. After this is back to serious business for I will be looking for a half marathon to run in. I had said that by the end of the year, but I am now thinking Spring would be best. It will give me more time to train and there is probably a better chance that I find one.

And last but not least. Aaron and I had our 5th anniversary on Friday. Yes, five years! Wow! It's gone fast! A house, a dog, two babies! Who could ask for more? Ha-ha! It's been great, we've had a lot of fun and are looking forward to our next five or like Kelly said (my mother-in-law) Five going into twenty. I say even even longer, way longer.

Contributors